USPS 2023 Holidays & events – plan ahead
Ensure Your Critical Communications Are Ready Early
Plan Ahead & Know the USPS Holiday Schedule
There are many ways to succeed in direct mail marketing since it’s an open-ended and creative space. However, here are a few tips on using direct mail for business to help ensure your campaigns’ success.
- Keep your communication mail piece focused and clear of clutter.
- Use clear, easy-to-read fonts.
- Make your CTA the focal point of the mailer.
- Know your audience and tailor your message to them.
- Run data tests before sending out your entire campaign.
- Proofread your forms and collateral material multiple times.
- Send follow-up messages.
- Drive traffic to your website by including a link or scannable QR code.
2023 USPS Holidays & events
- MONDAY, January 2*, New Year’s Day
- MONDAY, January 16, Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday
- MONDAY, February 20, Presidents’ Day
- MONDAY, May 29, Memorial Day
- MONDAY, June 19, Juneteenth National Independence Day
- TUESDAY. July 4, Independence Day
- MONDAY, September 4, Labor Day
- MONDAY, October 9, Columbus Day
- SATURDAY, November 11* Veterans Day
- THURSDAY, November 23, Thanksgiving Day
- MONDAY, December 25, Christmas Day
* If a holiday falls on a Sunday, for most USPS employees, the following Monday will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. Likewise, if a holiday falls on a Saturday, for most USPS employees, the preceding Friday will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes.
USPS service alerts have information for consumers, small businesses, and business mailers about postal facility service disruptions caused by weather-related and other natural disasters, special events, or other changes impacting service.
We can determine if mail is being delivered or if Post Offices are open. Let us help.
Contact Your BMS Postal Expert
BMS customers can first check the USPS Mail Service Disruptions website for current, frequently-updated information about whether mail is being delivered to their neighborhood or if your local Post Office is open.
Or you can call your customer service team at 1-866-816.2378.