Promotional products have been around for nearly 200 years. Apparently George Washington was the forerunner in promotional products. He created campaign buttons and started an entire industry! The promotions market has changed and expanded dramatically since then but the original concept behind the message remains the same, get your message seen. And George had a great idea to get his message seen on the lapel of his supporters everywhere.
Nowadays promotional items are a regular part of many companies’ budgets. Business owners are realizing that potential business growth can be directly related to the use of promotional products and creative advertising. Sometimes this means having to spend a little bit more on promotional products while creatively thinking outside the box for new ways to express your message.
The promotional products industry is currently one of the fasting growing industries in the nation with total sales exceeding $24 billion in 2019.
The Benefits of Business Promotion
There are many – but here are just a few:
- They’re affordable and they can stand on their own without the need other large advertising expenditures
- Your brand is front and center repeatedly without the need for repeated costs
- With today’s technology, logos can be reproduced beautifully giving your brand an extremely professional look
- There are more than 250,000 promotional products currently available and more added every day
- In 2020 – there are items made of eco-friendly renewable resources like bamboo and wheat straw
- People keep these products around!
- Nobody minds getting your logo along with a cool free gift.
- Records show that 40 percent of people can remember the names of the advertiser as long as six months after receiving a promotional item and 31 percent still use the promotional item one year later.
What Else Can Promotional Products Do?
- Promote goodwill
- Advertise goods and services
- Build customer loyalty
- Build/Increase store and trade show traffic
- Celebrate an anniversary or grand opening
- As a thank you to your employees and customers
- Provide incentives for quality work or safety programs
- Get your company’s name, phone number, or website out and in front of current and potential customers
Promotional products are a unique alternative to your regular advertising. Top of mind is key to success and just like George knew 200 years ago – promotional products get the job done!
Contact BMS Direct to learn more!