The crack is widening and Forever stamps will now cost 45 cents… UP a penny. Â The latest rate increases start on January 22, including increases for First Class Mail. Postal officials expect the 1-cent increase to generate an additional $888 million in revenue, the Washington Post reports.
- Domestic mail letter rate UP 1 cent
- Postcard postage UP 3 cents to 32 cents.
- Letters to Canada and Mexico UP 5 cents to 85 cents
- Letters to other international destinations UP 7 cents to $1.05
DownloadÂ 2012 Rate Charts
USPS mail volume DOWN 20% (in the four year period through fiscal year 2010) resulting in net losses of over $20 billion.Â Hundreds of thousands of postal workers could soon lose their jobs, or face drastic changes to their benefits.
The biggest postal increases:
Package rates, both within the US and internationally, with the highest increases applied to the lowest weight packages
- 1 oz package rate for all countries UP from $1.72 to $3.00.
- 1 oz packages going to Canada and Mexico UP 154 %
- 1 oz packages to international countries UP 114%
- USPS is also still considering plans to scale back to a five-day delivery schedule -NO Saturday delivery. (Congress will decide this spring).
- Express Mail delivery seven days a week but…..
- Priority Mail would only be Monday through Friday
What can you do?Â NCOA Your Mailing List.
NCOA (National Change of Address) will clean your database with correct mailing addresses giving you a high quality list and can save you thousands on undelivered mail.Â We can help you to hone your list with the latest technology so that your mailing will reach your target audience. Â Contact us for all your mailing needs, we can process your mail fast and Â efficiently and get it to your destination, on your timeline.Â Call for a free quote, 866.816.2378 (toll free)